Ukraine has become the focal point of international attention as its people endure the hardships that Russian military aggression is inflicting on combatants and civilians. In the images depicting the effects of military assaults on cities such as Kyiv and Odessa, it is difficult to differentiate the people who are affected by the unprovoked invasion. Nonetheless, among them are 250,000 Ukrainians living with HIV whose lives are threatened by the ensuing humanitarian crisis.
The International Association of Providers of AIDS Care (IAPAC), in partnership with the Fast-Track Cities Institute (FTCI), is launching the FAST-TRACK CITIES SOLIDARITY FUND FOR UKRAINE/УКРАЇНА to support Ukrainians affected by HIV, including those from the country’s four Fast-Track Cities: Dnipro, Kryvyi Rih, Kyiv, and Odessa. Click here to read more about the impact of the military conflict on the HIV response in Ukraine from the perspective of IAPAC and FTCI President/CEO, Dr. José M. Zuniga.
The FAST-TRACK CITIES SOLIDARITY FUND FOR UKRAINE/УКРАЇНА will direct individual and corporate donations to vetted partner institutions on-the-ground weaving a safety net for Ukrainians living with HIV made vulnerable by the ongoing hostilities. Here is how you can help:
- Advocate a peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine. Contact your elected officials. Make your voice heard (i.e., #WeStandWithUkraine).
- Make a donation to assist our partner community-based organizations and public health clinics still operating in the four Ukrainian Fast-Track Cities. These vetted organizations and clinics are working through informal networks to facilitate continued access to HIV and social support services.
- Make a donation to bolster efforts by our vetted medical and social support service providers in Ukraine’s neighboring countries, such as the Czech Republic and Poland, which are providing refuge to millions of displaced Ukrainians, among them people living with and affected by HIV.
- Make a donation to support our vetted community-based organizations as well as medical and social support providers in other European countries in which displaced Ukrainians, including those living with and affected by HIV, are seeking refuge (e.g., France, Portugal).
Following is list of the initial set of Ukrainian community-based organizations that your donation will support in their efforts to assist people living with and affected by HIV (which will be updated as additional beneficiary organizations are vetted and confirmed):
- 100% Life
- Alliance for Public Health
- All-Ukrainian Association of People with Drug Addiction
- Elena Pinchuk Foundation
IAPAC will post reports at www.IAPAC.org and www.FTCInstitute.org about how your donation has been put to use. We will also distribute a quarterly report outlining the activities of the beneficiary community-based organizations, public health clinics, and medical and social support service providers. Additionally, you may contact us directly at iapac@IAPAC.org to request periodic updates.
Make your donation today to show your solidarity with Ukrainians living with HIV who need your help.
If you prefer to make your donation by mail, please use the following address:
Attn: FTC Solidarity Fund
1701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20006
Through your generosity, the FAST-TRACK CITIES SOLIDARITY FUND FOR UKRAINE/УКРАЇНА aims to support the 250,000 Ukrainians living with HIV whose lives are threatened by the ensuing humanitarian crisis. Thank you in advance for standing in solidarity with their cause.
Donations made to the FAST-TRACK CITIES SOLIDARITY FUND FOR UKRAINE/УКРАЇНА will be managed by IAPAC, recognized by the US Internal Revenue Service as a qualified 501(c)(3) tax exempt charitable organization (EIN 36-4003367). All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. A donation receipt will be sent to you at the email address you provide on the donation form. Please be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for tax purposes.
Stewardship is one of our core values. We are committed to minimizing administrative fees associated with donations made to the FAST-TRACK CITIES SOLIDARITY FUND FOR UKRAINE/УКРАЇНА. Our pledge is to ensure your donation is used in the most efficient and effective manner. Thus, no less than 90% of individual and corporate donations will be directed to activities in Ukraine, as well as its neighboring countries, including the Czech Republic and Poland.
Photos: Dr. Frederick Altice.